Las Vegas is more than the world’s leading entertainment destination of the world. Vegas continues to lead the way in attracting Marketers and Conventions to town. Convention marketers have been successful at attracting large meeting organizers to select their property and venue for their event. Clearly, those in Las Vegas have done a superior job as Vegas is the undisputed convention capital of the world.
Numerous data points support this claim. The convention season kicks off every year in the month of September. And this September Las Vegas’ McCarran International Airport saw over a 7% increase over the very same period last year. McCarran is already the 9th busiest airport in the country.
According to the Clark County Dept of Aviation, 35.5 million passengers passed through the terminals putting it on track to surpass last years’ 45mm passengers!
Some of the world’s largest conventions are held in Vegas. People don’t just come to Vegas for nightclubs and gambling anymore. It can be argued that Conventions drive industry in sin city. With over 60,000 hotel rooms on a short 3 mile strip, the city depends on the convention business to drive occupancy. And with competition from other large convention hosts (Anaheim, Chicago, Orlando, etc.), Vegas has continued to over deliver with state of the art venues, entertainment, dining, and other important assets and attractions – all catering to the major conventions.
Some of those large conventions that take over the Strip include the following:
- CES: Start off the year with the biggest, baddest Show of them all… CES. If you’re not here you’re not ready for prime time. This is the world’s grandest stage to unleash the latest and greatest technology with over 3,500 companies represented.
- World of Concrete: Who could miss this? In February, this show features over 15,000 companies and over 50,000 to showcase the latest in construction. And with the coming of the boarders’ wall, who knows what to expect!
- MAGIC: The Men’s Apparel Guild of California, is in February as well as the fall. This show delivers another 80,000+
- NAB: The National Association of Broadcasters comes to town in April with over 100,000
- JCK Trade Show: For a little more sparkle in your life, join the other 40,000 in June at Mandalay Bay.
- G2E: Wouldn’t you expect a Global Gaming Convention to be held in Vegas? Of course! It happens in September at the Sands Expo.
- NFR: Get your 10 gallon hat and get on over to the National Finals Rodeo in December. The entire town supports this annual party with nearly 325,00 cowboys and cowgirls.
These massive events are a culmination of years of planning and strategizing. Also, Vegas boasts the convenience of McCarran International Airport which is only a few minutes to the center of the Strip. And if you want to reach every single guest arriving to Las Vegas, LaunchPoint can help with their brilliant network of large video displays. These displays feature full motion video and sound and are certain to impact every convention attendee.